Desktop Support Technician
We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective, and experienced Desktop Support Technician to join our growing team. In this position, you will use your expertise to monitor, and maintain our IT systems. You will install, configure, service, repair and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment.
Desktop Support Job Duties:
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Maintain Inventory of hardware, software, contracts and licensing
- Maintain policies and procedures or create new as our environment changes
- Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
- Use Ticketing System to track problems and changes.
Desktop Support Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients, Good Language and Communications Skills, Problem-Solving, Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft and Cisco, Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server, Ability to Work in a Team, Ability to Prioritize Projects, Excellent Documentation/Written skills.
Over time the types of technologies this candidate will be exposed to:
Redhat Linux, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 10, MSQL, Oracle, Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE, Cisco UCS, Dell/EMC Storage Arrays, VMware ESXi Clusters, VMware View, Nessus, Tomcat, Apache