IT Security Analyst I
At Cortera, we’re on a mission to be the world’s best source for information about companies and transform markets with powerful new analytic solutions. Cortera is a leading provider of unique business information. For over 20 years, Cortera has provided innovative business information and workflow automation solutions for a variety of risk and sales intelligence applications.
The responsibilities of the IT Security Analyst 1 include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and escalate potential violations and deficiencies.
- Collaborate with internal departments to identify and remediate escalated items.
- Follow-up with internal departments and document remediation actions.
- Assist in developing unified guidelines and procedures for conducting certifications and/or system-level evaluations of information systems and networks.
- Review current operational Policies and Procedures to meet various compliance requirements of the SOC.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure authorized systems are being operated securely and computer security policies and procedures are implemented as defined in system security plans.
- Conduct investigations in anomalies found during analysis.
- Perform frequent gap analysis, create SOC internal remediation plans and align/modify procedures to new and changing requirements.
- Assesses IT Compliance controls and develop processes to improve monitoring and remediation efforts.
- Ensures the effectiveness of internal controls in compliance with corporate objectives.
- Develop, prepare, implement, and maintain Information System Security Plans, Protection Profiles, etc., working closely with SOC Analysts to achieve system accreditation and maintain compliance.
- Proficiency conducting and evaluating/analyzing results from the following set of tools, to include but not limited to: NESSUS, ISE and Firepower
- Maintain and update documentation of IT Compliance controls, process flows, test scripts, narratives, and policies and procedures.
- Remain current with changes in regulations to ensure timely compliance with to include internal control updates/changes as needed/required.
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Develop and maintain the Software / Hardware Asset Classes in accordance to corporate policies and standards
- Actively manage and support Risk Assessment and asset management activities.
- Experience creating detailed IT Compliance reports for management
- Experience creating clear and concise technical documentation specifically focused on IT *Compliance Ability to apply sound judgement, escalate issues as necessary and meet suspense dates
- Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously or in a team environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Scripting skills (e. g., PERL, Python, shell scripting).
- Knowledge of software asset management processes including knowledge of software licensing and compliance practices and software contract practices
- Knowledge of hardware asset management processes including knowledge of hardware maintenance, from acquisition through disposal.
In addition to a comprehensive compensation package, we offer a business casual environment and exceptional employee benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company-paid – Accidental Death Insurance
- Health Care Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays