Cortera is the leading provider of highly innovative B2B data and analytics solutions used by companies across a wide range of industries to improve the quality of their decisions at every stage of the customer lifecycle. Leveraging the largest database of information on businesses in North America, with more unique data than any other provider, Cortera is solving problems resulting from the lack of information about businesses, privately held businesses in particular. Combined with some of the most advanced big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence technology, Cortera is revolutionizing the use of B2B data for companies helping improve sales effectiveness and their ability to make better risk decisions resulting in the growth of their revenue and profit while freeing the flow of capital to small businesses in North America to help fuel growth and innovation.
Responsible for generating revenue by selling Cortera solutions within the sales and marketing departments of Banks, and Leasing / Equipment Finance companies. The SAE will prospect from existing leads and will be responsible for self-sourcing new leads and contacts to grow the pipeline of qualified leads and drive the conversion from prospect to closed contracts.
Primary contact to consult with members of the prospect’s sales and marketing organizations on how to improve sales efficiency and productivity. In particular, the SAE will focus on the customer acquisition process and the application of Cortera’s solutions to their prospect identification and lead prioritization processes.
Owns and actively manages and drives the entire sales campaign with lightning fast, clear and complete responses to any questions and professional, persistent, tenacious nurturing and follow-up of all leads while building a long-lasting relationship with the customer.
Accountable for the daily updating of all account activities within SalesForce.com to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all sales data.
A trusted sales professional collaborating closely with new customers to seamlessly access Cortera’s B2B data, analytics, and solutions to solve their needs, exceed their goals, and achieve success.
A business advisor to help customers enhance productivity by expanding the Cortera footprint and gaining an understanding of the health and overall risk of prospects, customers, and suppliers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in the sale of data related solutions to the sales and marketing organizations within companies of all sizes – banks, leasing companies and insurance would be a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills– both written and verbal– and the ability to build a genuine rapport with prospects over the phone promptly (Travel will be minimal).
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities and/or projects.
- Proven track record of using consultative skills to identify and understand customer problems and determine how to apply Cortera’s solutions to solve them.
- Ability to execute a defined mission with precision and excellence.
- Familiarity or ability to quickly learn sales and marketing systems and tools.
- Driven, self-motivated and resourceful in driving the sales process for inception to close.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years sales experience
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience focused on new customer / logo acquisition.
- Experience selling to banks, leasing and finance companies is preferred
- Experience selling data and related solutions
- Knowledge of selling to the sales and marketing functions within companies preferred