Several customer-driven enhancements extend the product’s functionality, delivering access to a wider variety of business information
BOSTON, (Nov. 4, 2008) – Cortera™, a leading provider of U.S. business information services and software, today announced its latest release of eCredit™, Fall 2008. The Fall Release 2008 is the twenty-first release in the past six years and includes numerous customer-driven enhancements that expand the product’s functionality and make it even easier to use.
“We’re thrilled to consistently offer our thousands of worldwide credit and collections clients improvements to our products, such as our new release of eCredit, to help them make more informed business decisions,” said Jim Swift, president and CEO, Cortera. “The only way we can make the right decisions about product enhancements is by listening to our customers – it’s that simple. And we truly appreciate the time they take to help us better understand how our products can assist in reducing the many challenges of their jobs.”
Credit enables companies in a variety of industries to automate their business credit decision processes and collections strategies through workflow management, scoring capabilities and access to leading credit bureaus and business information sources such as Cortera, Experian, Equifax, Reuters and Graydon. The newest version of eCredit extends the leadership of the software with turnkey access to a variety of domestic and global information, as well as providing credit and collections leaders real-time access to aggregate exposure in an easy-to-read profile format.
Key product enhancements of eCredit, which can be found at https://www.cortera.com/products/ecredit/, include:
New Business Information Product Availability
Cortera’s database of comprehensive business information has been integrated more widely into eCredit and includes such features as:
- Cortera’s business hierarchy and proprietary LINK™ ID numbering system, which enables businesses to minimize duplicate customer records within eCredit and navigate complete business family trees. The LINK ID is a unique, persistent nine-digit number that uniquely identifies more than 30 million discrete business locations and provides structure to more than 3 million corporate families.
- Business subsidiary, business branch and division linkage for better risk and exposure analysis, reporting and decision-making.
Cortera has also added key business information from the Tarnell Company, which provides business information and financial solutions to the plastics industry, thereby enabling Cortera to offer more diverse, industry-specific credit payment information via eCredit.
Product Feature Enhancements
In a tough economy, it is essential for businesses to have a complete view of their risk exposure across customer relationships as well as best-in-class capabilities to automate collection activities. This latest release better helps credit and collections professionals to navigate the complexity of today’s customer landscape.
- The Customer Snapshot feature has been enhanced to give credit professionals a view into their aggregate exposure to a particular customer across all business units, subsidiaries and locations. Analysts can now quickly view the current credit line and utilization at the ultimate parent level in an easy-to-read format that already includes a variety of customer information all in one place, including credit scores, accounts receivable information, financials & ratios, notes and analyst commentary.
- The collections automation functionality has been enhanced to streamline the collections & dispute activity screens to speed turnaround time, automate data entry and give the collector a complete view of the customer. These advancements are particularly helpful to high-volume collections operations.
- Dispute management refinements – with this release dispute identifiers and resolvers now have a greater number of tools and customer information at their disposal to quickly resolve disputes.
- Search enhancements – eCredit by Cortera now enables an even wider array of search options and customized search result screens to enable credit and collections professionals to quickly access the information they need.
In a sea of business information providers, Cortera is different. Cortera provides a fresh perspective on business information and offers innovative tools to improve corporate intelligence. With its robust database containing virtually every private and public U.S. company, innovative analytics about each of those companies and advanced workflow software, available at https://www.cortera.com/products/, Cortera helps business analysts, sales and marketing experts and credit & collections professionals know more than ever before about their prospects, customers and partners. Cortera also offers free company profiles on millions of companies at http://start.cortera.com. More information about Cortera can be found at https://www.cortera.com.